Cellulose was discovered in 1838 by the French chemist Anselme Payen, who isolated it from plant matter and determined its chemical formula. 
Other Ingredient Information
Products containing Cellulose
The percentage represents the approximate total number of food products from UPC Food Search's data that contain the ingredient, "Cellulose".
The data is calculated from UPC Food Search's product data only, and is not meant to reflect all food products regionally or globally.
Source(s) Derived From
Natural or Artificial?
- What is Cellulose? - WikiAnswers
Aliases (Also Known As)
Modified Vegetable Cellulose
Powdered Cellulose Fiber
Vegetable Cellulose Capsule
Vegetable Cellulose Coating
Vegetable Cellulose Derivative
Vegetarian Modified Cellulose
Color Key - (Click/Tap to View)
- Natural & Possibly Unsafe
- Artificial & Possibly Unsafe
- Both (Can be derived from Natural & Artificial Sources)
- Both (Can be derived from Natural & Artificial Sources) & Possibly Unsafe
|Ingredient added||UPC Food Search||January 1, 2009 @ 2:14 AM|