API Terms of Service (TOS)
Use of the UPC Food Search API services by any party affirms agreement of our Web Site Terms of Service (TOS) along with the following terms below.
2. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You hereby agree to abide by the following list of terms and conditions in using or accessing the UPC Food Search API:
- UPC Food Search reserves the right to restrict access to, modify, suspend, or terminate the API or any or all of the Content and that the availability of the API and/or the Content is not guaranteed and is subject to change.
- You agree to use the API in a manner that complies with all applicable laws, rules, and/or regulations and you are prohibited from modifying, adapting, appropriating, reproducing, distributing, translating, creating derivative works or adaptations of, publicly displaying, republishing, repurposing, selling, trading, or in any way exploiting the API, Content, or Site except as expressly authorized by UPC Food Search by these Terms.
- UPC Food Search reserves the right in any and all instances to request you provide examples and/or other information or materials concerning any proposed use of the API, prior to or after any use or access by you of the API and to give or revoke approval for any such use or access, in its sole discretion.
- You agree to abide by a maxiumum of 20 API requests per minute per account.
- UPC Food Search does not warrant the uptime of our API or services.
3. API CREDITS
- API Credit pricing may be changed at any time by the staff and owner of UPC Food Search.
- Any plans that are upgraded before the end of a plan's life will lose any remaining API credits and not be prorated.
- Plans that give unlimited credits are only unlimited based on the maximum API requests per minute rule specified above in this document.
4. STORING AND USING DATA YOU RECEIVE FROM US
- You may cache data you receive through the use of UPC Food Search's APIs in order to improve your application's user experience. This permission does not give you any rights to such data.
- Any data obtained from UPC Food Search's APIs may be cached for a maximum of the life of the plan since the time it was retrieved.
- You must not give your secret key to another party, unless that party is an agent acting on your behalf as an operator of your application. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account identifiers.
In order to be granted the License under these Terms, you represent and warrant that you have all necessary power and authority to enter into this agreement and be bound by these Terms, either on your own behalf or on the behalf of an employer and/or an entity and that you (or such employer and/or entity) will comply with these Terms.
You agree to defend, hold harmless and indemnify UPC Food Search, and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, agents, employees, advertisers, and partners, from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the UPC Food Search API, any UPC Food Search Content made available by and through such API and any other UPC Food Search materials or intellectual properties, violation of these Terms, or any other actions connected with your use of the UPC Food Search API, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and reasonable attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature.
7. CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT
- The staff and owner of UPC Food Search reserve the right to change this Agreement at any time without notice, and any such changes will appear in the copy of this Agreement available on the UPC Food Search website. Your continued use of UPC Food Search's APIs constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- You may not make any changes to this Agreement. You may send comments or suggestions via our Contact Us page, but our reception of these comments or suggestions does not indicate our acceptance.
This document was last updated on May 17, 2020